Khaman Dhokla Recipe2:02:00 AM
Khaman Dhokla can use as breakfast, evening tea-time snacks and you can serve as a starters in your small get together party. There are many kinds of dhokla, but this is one of the most popular.
Soft and mildly sweet-salty-tangy khaman dhokla tastes delicious with tamarind chutney and green coriander chutney. Its my all time favorite snack in all season.
Follow this recipe and discover how easy it is to make mouth watering traditional khaman dhokla prepared at home. With very easy step by step photo process of khaman dhokla.
Gram Flour / Besan - 1 cup
Sooji - 1 tbsp
Sugar - As required
Ginger-chilli paste - 1 tbsp
Eno Lemon - 1 packet
Curd - 2 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Slit Green chillies - 2 nos
Curry Leaves - 5 - 10
Chopped Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
A pinch of Hing
Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
tbsp = table-spoon
tsp = tea-spoon
Preparation Method :
1. In a deep pan/ kadai, pour 2 glasses of water.
2. Take round plate and add 1 spoon of oil in it. Keep the plate on the pan and allow it to heat.
3. For preparation dhokla, Take a bowl mix gram flour, sooji(semolina) and water. Make it into a lump free thick batter.
4. Add salt, sugar, ginger-green chilli paste and curd. The below batter pic is little thin add 1-2 tbsp of besan in it, mix well and make it like a thick batter.
Mix well and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour.
5. Add Eno in the batter and stir in one direction, for approx 1 minute. You will notice its size would increase to almost double.
6. After the plate is heated, pour the batter in the plate.
7. Place the plate in steamer and steam it for 15-20 minutes in a low flame.
8. After 15 minute, insert a knife or a toothpick into dhokla, if the knife will come out clean, then its ready. If it is not clean, steam for 5 minutes more.
Direction for Tempering :
1. Heat oil in a kadai/pan, splutter mustard seeds, green chillies, add curry leaves, a pinch of hing and saute for few minutes.
2. Add 1/2 cup of water and sugar, bring to a boil. Let it cook for a minute on a medium flame. Your tempering is ready, pour it over dhokla's and toss gently until each dhokla is coated well with tempering.
3. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Your Dhokla is ready. Cut it into 1 inch pieces and serve with tamarind chutney.