Sweet Lassi Recipe, How to make Sweet Punjabi Lassi Recipe6:11:00 AM
Lassi is specially relished in hot summers because of its cooling properties. Few other variations of making lassi are mango lassi, black-grape lassi and cucumber lassi.
Lets start the step by step punjabi sweet lassi recipe
Chilled fresh curd/dahi or yogurt - 2 cups
Chilled water or milk - 1 to 1.5 cups
Sugar - 10 to 12 tbsp or add as per taste
Mint leaves - few (for garnishing)
Preparation Method :
1. In a bowl or pan, take 2 cups fresh chilled yogurt. I used homemade curd.
2. Add 10 to 12 tbsp sugar or as required in dahi, now with the help of madani
[ Madani is made of a long stick with a circular or star-shaped flat wooden disc at one end, used in back years] or blender or wired whisk just mix the curd till it become smooth.
3. Keep on churning till the sugar dissolves and you see a nice frothy layer on top.
4. The curd should be smooth, then add 1.5 cups chilled water.
Note : You can also add 2 cups chilled milk, instead of water. the consistency of this lassi is neither thin nor thick. if you want a thick lassi, then add 1 to 1.5 cups water.
5. Now churn the madani in the lassi mixture. Keep this lassi in a fridge to chilled before serving lassi don't add ice cubes.
6. Serve sweet punjabi lassi immediately, adding ice cubes. Garnish with mint leaves.
if you are looking for more cooling drinks then do check chaas/buttermilk, beetroot squash, watermelon smoothie and recipe.
1. After adding chilled water in curd, don't add sugar because it takes lots of time to dissolve.
2. Don't consume water after having lassi, it's not good for health.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy :)