Lemon Rice Recipe, How to make Lemon Rice | Rice Recipes5:05:00 AM
It always surprised me how the simple ingredients makes a flavorful meal.
This is basically made from left over cooked rice or with boiled rice also.
Serve Lemon rice with vegetable raita, mint-cucumber raita and papad for a simple yet tasty meal. This recipe made by with leftover rice.
This rice recipe is a great option for any meal on those days when you feel lazy and don't feel like spending much more time on kitchen especially summer time ;) :) It is simple and takes less time to prepare.
Lemon Rice is an instant recipe even kids will love them. This is my husband favorite rice dish.
I never had this type of rice before my marriage, because in North-India people usually eat rice mixing curry dish squeeze lemon juice on it only, not adding tadka in it.
But when I tasted this lemon rice, I become a fan of it. So I just tried making on my own twist and I ended up in a much better way.
If you are looking for more easy rice recipes then do check curd rice, tomato pulao, sweet rice pudding, tawa pulao , veggie biryani and many more.
Lets begin the step by step recipe of lemon rice recipe with pictures.
Cooked or steamed basmati rice - 2.5 to 3 cups
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 12-15 nos
A pinch of asafoetida /hing
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Split & Skinned Black gram / Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Chana dal - 1/2 tbsp
Dried chillies - 2 no
Lemon rice powder - 1 tsp / Lemon juice - 2 to 3 tbsp
Unsalted roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup
Chopped Coriander Leaves - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Preparation Method :
1. First cook about 1 cups rice in 3-4 cups of water depend on type & quality of rice, till the grains are cooked completely. or You can take your leftover rice, I made this dish from my leftover rice only.
2. Drain and spread the rice on a plate or in a bowl. Cover and let the rice cool.
3. In a small frying pan, first roast the peanuts till they are crisp and browned on a low flame. Remove the peanuts and keep it aside.
4. Now heat the oil in the same pan, add the mustard seeds, curry leaves, urad dal, chana dal and dried rec chillies. Crackle the mustard.
5. Add the asafoetida,salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder, fry for 2-3 seconds on a low flame, then add the peanuts and lemon rice powder/lemon juice, stir..stir.....so that the spices don't burn.
6. Switch off the fire and check the spices and adjust it according to your taste.
7. Stir and immediately pour this mixture on the rice. Mix all well and keep the lemon rice covered for the flavors to blend for 4-5 minutes. Add chopped coriander leaves.
8. Your yummy Lemon rice is ready to serve with papad, or your choice of Raita-Sauces-Dips or just have lemon rice with plain curd also.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy !!