Tomato Omelette Recipe, How to make Vegetable Tomato Omelette | Vegan Omelette Recipe3:50:00 AM
Perfect monsoon snack with a cup of ginger tea or fresh salad. It's quick, instant and excellent snack for tiffin boxes with some tomato ketchup or coriander chutney. The tomato omelette makes for a good breakfast or brunch.
We called it besan ka cheela or besan ka pooda, my mom used to make for us during our childhood times, when we are not well, its good medicine for cold and cough(besan are always good ingredient for monsoon times) my mom didn't add tomatoes in it, this time I give a twist into cheela and used tomatoes in it and give another variation of omelette.
Recently I am associated with one and very talented bloggers group Shhhhh cooking secretly challenge, first where they decide the theme and then decided the partner who is give ingredient to their partner and vice-versa, very interesting idea.
This month my partner is very good blogger plus awesome baker - Mayuri Patel, she introduce me on that group and luckily she is my partner.
She give me two ingredients according to theme - #MonsoonSpecialSnack - the ingredients are Chana Dal (either used raw or used in powder form) and other one is Tomato.
So I used Besan Flour with Tomato, and present my dish for this month is "Tomato Omelette" which is made up with besan, ofcosre tomato and with twisted ingredients. I decided to make this because when you heard about monsoon people think about fried snack, but I choose something different which is not fully fried but ya it is shallow fried on a pan with little oil.
My monsoon snack is "Healthy bhi plus Tasty bhi" which is perfect for morning or evening snack or lunch or dinner meal. This is overall meal. This is my lunch menu with fresh fruit salad.
Can't wait to share my twisted recipe of besan ka cheela or omelette without eggs recipe.
Let's start the process with step by step process.
Prep time : 10 mins
Cook time : 10 mins
Total time : 20 mins
Recipe type: Breakfast
Cuisine: North Indian
Besan /Gram flour / Garbanzo Bean Flour - 1 cup
Finely chopped onion - 1 medium
Finely diced tomato - 2 medium
Finely chopped spring onion(green part) - 1 tbsp
Pinch of Baking soda/ cooking soda
Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Fresh Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Water - 1/3 cup
For Fresh Salad, I made it very simple using
Chopped Kiwi - 1 no (You can take use any veggies and your choice of fruits into it.)
Finely chopped Apple - 1/2
Finely diced Cucumber - 1/2
Finely diced Orange Carrots - 1 no
Fresh Coriander Leaves
Salt to taste
Salad Recipe - Mix all the ingredients and toss them with very light hands and Serve it with your dish.
Preparation Method :
1. Sieve the besan (it's an important step to get rid of the lumps).
2. Add all chopped veggies onion, tomato, green part of onion with the spices.
3. Add 1/3 cups of water or more and mix well with a spoon until a smooth batter forms. Add a pinch of soda and freshly chopped coriander leaves, mix it well and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
4. Ladle 2 heap of tablespoon of batter and pour on a lightly oiled preheated griddle and cook for 2 minutes each side until lightly brown on low flame.
5. Serve hot as a full or cut into different shapes like I do circle, kids will like it more if you give them in their favorite shape.
I do believe the dish looks good if you present them in a creative plating and ofcorse taste matters.
* For Circle shape of omlette - take your shape cutter and cut it or those who don't have they can use cap of your bottle like I used my catch spice cap :D
* For kids tiffin box - Give their fav shapes, make a eyes or nose using tomato ketchup, kids will enjoy dish in this way rather than plain omlette and Don't discard the sides of omlette, use it for their breakfast..LoL :D
Happy Cooking & Enjoy !!