Paniyaram Recipe, How to make Vegetable Appe Recipe4:14:00 AM
They are vegan and gluten free as well. There are so many different name of this dish, some called called "Appe" or some called "Paddu"
Let's start to make this easy and quick recipe with simple step-by-step process with photos.
Dosa batter – 1 cup
Finely Chopped Onions -1 no
Finely Chopped Tomatoes - 1 no
Curry leaves - 6 to 8 leaves
Hing/ Asafoetida - a pinch
Chili powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tbsp
Chopped Coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Preparation Method :
1. Heat 1.5 tsp oil in a pan, and allow curry leaves to splutter, then add the onion and saute till it turns soft or crunchy.
2. To this add chopped tomatoes and saute till it becomes soft. Add red chilli powder and again saute for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add this to the dosa batter, mix well along with salt and add chopped coriander leaves and mix again.
4. Heat the appe mould on a medium flame and grease it with a little oil. Pour a spoonful of the batter into each mould.
6. Cook till the outer surface becomes golden brown and then turn each appe upside down using a wooden stick or fork so as to cook the other side.
7. Remove and repeat with the remaining batter.
8. Serve hot with Tomato sauce, mayonnaise or coriander chutney.
Enjoy and Happy Cooking :)