White Sauce Pasta Recipe, Penne Pasta in White Sauce Recipe5:22:00 AM
This is perfectly cooked Penne pasta with cheesy flavored white sauce come across as a heavenly match. It easy to whip up and filling for the morning & evening dose. This time I tried Penne pasta in white sauce, quick and easy recipe.
This is our Sixth successful Foodie Monday blog hop event theme is "Pasta"
Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine. Pasta is generally a simple dish, but comes in large varieties because it is a versatile food item and it's my and my family all time favourite for breakfast.
Though I have tried different types of pastas. I am always trying new cuisines in my kitchen, I had tried to make this pasta recipe in "Italian cuisine” style.
Penne pasta satisfies the craving for a mildly salty Italian style flavored pasta. Pasta comes in our menu once in a while every week to get rid of the boredom of the usual breakfast routine. This is an easy, delicious, and satisfying vegetarian pasta recipe.
This pasta with white sauce is one easy flavorful recipe and pasta recipes are always requested by friends and readers so I am getting to experiment more.
If you are looking for similar recipes then do check Fusilli Pasta in Tomato Sauce Recipe , veg macaroni-pasta in tomato sauce , vegetable shell pasta in tomato sauce, homemade pizza tomato sauce and homemade vegetable pizza recipe from scratch.
An easy recipe of penne pasta with white sauce. Let's start to make this easy and quick recipe with simple step-by-step process.
Pasta - 1 cup (I used penne pasta variety)
For Italian White Sauce
Milk - 1 and 1/2 cups
Maida(All Purpose Flour) - 1 tbsp heaped
Sliced Onion - 1 no
Sweet Corn - 1/4 cup boiled
Julienned Capsicum - 2 tbsp
Cheese - 2 tbsp grated (any)
Butter - 1 tbsp
Pepper powder - 1/4 tsp
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Preparation Method :
Cooking the pasta:
It’s the same method for any pasta.
1. Heat water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Add salt & oil to season the pasta.
2. Add the pasta and let it cook it for 8-10 minutes (you can check it if you suspect it is done by taking one out with a fork – the pasta shells should be soft enough to pinch and cut open but not mushy or mash-able).
3. Turn off the heat & drain pasta well in a bowl. Place the drained pasta in the running cold water to stop the cooking process. You could add a few drops of oil and toss-up the pasta if you feel it might stick together.
Making the Italian White Sauce & Veggies:
1. In a pan, heat a tsp of oil saute the veggies for 2 mins, Set aside.
2. Heat butter in a pan when it starts to melt.
3. Add maida, Make sure to stir continuously to avoid lumps. After maida is added whisk it well and use a whisk to mix after milk is added.
4. Whisk it well. Now add milk and keep stirring. Keep stirring until the mixture becomes slight thick and creamy. Cook in a low flame and keep stirring to avoid lumps. Add required salt, oregano and pepper powder.
5. Toss the pasta with white sauce and saute vegetables, cook for a couple of minutes and then turn off the heat. Add grated cheese, then cooked pasta and give a quick mix. Switch off the flame.
Tips & Tricks:
* You can use any variety of pasta for this. I used Penne Pasta.
* White sauce pasta gets dried up quickly so serve it as soon as you cook. If its gets thick and dry then add few tbsp milk and heat it up.
* While serving add little grated cheese for extra richness and yumminess :) Sprinkle oregano while serving.
Happy Cooking & Enjoy !!