English Muffins | Sweet Muffins Recipe5:37:00 AM
English muffins are great toasted in the breakfast time. They are usually split, toasted, buttered and then eaten with a savoury or sweet topping such as jam. It is well worth rising an hour or so early to make "Homemade English Muffins". This recipe is simple to make and so much better than the store version. This is super soft and fluffy.
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2+1/4 cups
Icing Sugar - 2 tbsp
Butter - 1 tbsp (at room temperature)
Dry Yeast - 1+1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 tbsp
Salt - 3/4 tsp
Milk - 3/4 cup
Warm water- 1/4 cup
tsp = teaspoon
tbsp = tablespoon
Preparation Method :
1. Combine the yeast, sugar with the warm water. keep it aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, icing sugar, and salt. I add icing sugar because i want sweet muffins, so its optional if you want you can add...but usually English muffins are not sweet.
3. Now pour in the yeast water and milk. Stir until a dough ball forms.
When the mix starts to come together “get your hands in”. Thoroughly knead the dough, which will be quite sticky. You can’t over kneed the dough, so take your time and enjoy the experience.
4. Once you have achieved a smooth ball place in a clean floured bowl. Cover the bowl with a damp tea-towel and leave in warm place to rise until doubled in size. the longer you leave it the better.
5. Knock back the dough and kneed for a minute until it is smooth and divide it into pieces. Place the muffins onto a baking sheet and again cover with a damp tea towel. Leave in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
6. Roll each muffin into a ball, flat it little using with your palm and again cover with a damp tea towel. Cover, and allow to rise for an additional hour.
7. When they are once again risen, Cook them on a pre-heated pan lightly greased with butter, over a low to moderate heat, for about 10 minutes a side.
8. Turn them gently over so as not to spoil their shape. You can cover the pan too with a lid , as this will help with increasing the fluffiness of your muffins
Enjoy & Happy Cooking :)