Homemade Butter Toffee | Butter Caramels10:50:00 AM
The caramels tasted very good and just yummy. I love to try new recipes, in any part of the world because food has no boundaries. I saw this recipe in TLC, i really liked it and start finding the products in Bangalore, its very tough to get ingredients in India, but you don't worry, I can find out the best substitutes of these ingredients. Let's start the recipe of butter toffee with step by step process.
White sugar - 1 cup
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Corn syrup - 1/2 cup
Evaporated milk - 1/2 cup
Heavy whipping cream - 1/2 cup
Butter - 1/2 cup
Vanilla extract - 1/4 tbsp
1. Substitute of Evaporated milk - Evaporated milk is a milk with about 60%
of the water has been removed. It comes in "CANs" only. If you don't have
any, make your own
Simmer 2.25 cups of regular milk on low flame till it becomes 1 cup.
2. Corn syrup recipe
2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup water
A pinch of salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and put cover for 3 minutes to get sugar crystals off the sides of the pan.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring often, until it reaches the soft ball stage.
- Cool and store in a covered container at room temperature.
- Your syrup should keep for about 2 months.
1. Grease a pan.
2. In a medium-size pot, combine white sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, evaporated milk, whipping cream and butter.
3. Monitor the heat of the mixture with a candy while stirring. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Stir in vanilla extract. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and let the mixture cool completely.
5. When cooled cut the Carmel into small squares and wrap them in wax paper for storage.