Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe4:18:00 AM
You can use this mayonnaise as a dip with aloo tikki , garlic bread and you make sandwiches using mayonnaise. Everyone is curious to know that how to make mayonnaise at home, see here the secret behind mayo recipe.
If you are looking for similar recipes, then do check Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Italian Tomato Pasta Sauce, veg macaroni-pasta in tomato sauce , pizza tomato sauce , vegetable shell pasta in tomato sauce and homemade vegetable pizza recipe from scratch.
Let's start to make this easy and quick recipe of Mayonnaise with simple step-by-step process.
Egg yolks - 2 nos
Salt - 1 tbsp
Dry mustard / Mustard powder - 1/2 tbsp
Sugar - 3 or 4 tbsp
A pinch of Pepper
Lemon juice or white vinegar - 5 tbsp
Olive or vegetable oil / soyabean oil - 1-1/2 cup
Hot water - 4 tbsp
Preparation Method for Egg :
1. Beat yolks, salt, mustard, sugar, pepper, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl until very thick and pale yellow. (Note: If using electric mixer, beat at medium speed.)
2. Add about 1/2 cup oil, drop by drop, beating vigorously all the while. Beat in 1 teaspoon each lemon juice and hot water.
3. Add another 1/2 cup oil, a few drops at a time, beating vigorously all the while. Beat in another teaspoon each lemon juice and water.
4. Add 1/2 cup oil in a very fine steady stream, beating constantly, then mix in remaining lemon juice and water; slowly beat in remaining oil.
5. Your Homemade Mayonnaise is ready. Use it in a sandwiches or any fresh salad.
Those who are vegetarian, below ingredients are for eggless mayonnaise and the steps of preparation method followed by ingredients...
Milk – 1/2 cup + 1/2 cup
Corn flour (Corn Starch) – 3 tbsp
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
White Vinegar - 1 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Dry mustard / Mustard powder – 1/4 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Eggless Mayonnaise Method:
- Take cornflour in a mixing bowl, add 1/2 cup milk to it and whisk it well without any lumps.
- Take remaining 1/2 cup milk in a pan and heat it up.Once milk is boiled, add cornflour milk mixture and keep stirring with a whisk.Keep in low flame and keep cooking. Keep cooking it until its thick and creamy. Make sure the flame is low.
- Keep whisking until its thick.Cool down completely and then blend it to a smooth paste. Now transfer this into a bowl, add pepper powder, mustard powder, sugar, salt, olive oil and vinegar. Whisk it well until its creamy. Store in airtight container and refrigerate it.
- If you like thin mayonnaise, add a little hot water in it.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Do not keep longer than 1 week.