Sooji Halwa Recipe | Rava Sheera Recipe12:04:00 PM
This is one of my family's favourite sweet dish. This is my Mom's recipe and nobody makes this yummy Sooji ka halwa like my mom. It is very easy to make. This sweet desert made from sooji (rawa / semolina), cooked in a ghee with sugar syrup and other dry fruits. This is perfect combination with Pooris and Parathas. Here's my mom's recipe of sooji halwa.
Sooji / Rava / Semolina - 1 cup (thin one)
Sugar - 1.75 cups
Desi Ghee - 1/2 cup
Water - 4 cups
Chopped Almonds - 2 tbsp
Raisins - 1 tbsp. [drain in water and soaked]
Note* : You can adjust the dry fruits as per as your taste.
Preparation Method :
1. Keep a kadai or pan on a low flame, add the ghee and once the ghee becomes hot, add the semolina....keep on stirring the sooji/semolina so that it does not stick to the pan and is roasted evenly.
2. Keep on sauteing & stirring the semolina for 7-8 mins till the grains change their color.
3. Side by side - Make a Sugar Syrup by adding sugar and water and bringing it to boil on high flame until the sugar is completely melted.
4. Add the sugar syrup in a roasted sooji constantly stirring slowly see that no lumps are formed.
5. Add the soaked raisins and chopped almonds and keep stirring for a minutes in a medium flame. Keep on stirring often till the whole mixture starts thickening and starts to leave the edge of the kadai or pan.
5. Switch off the flame. Your Sooji Halwa is ready to serve.
6. Garnish with nuts, i used chopped badam /almonds, Serve it with Poori or Paratha also.
We usually made during 8th day of navratri festival, this sooji halwa is made along with dry kala chana and pooris for kanjak pooja as you seen in below.
Special Tips :
- If you want cut into pieces once cooking is done, transfer the above contents into a greased pan spread evenly and cut it into diamond shaped pieces after cooling.
- This sweet can be restored in the refrigerator for 10 days. Whenever wanted u can just microwave it for 20-30 seconds and enjoy the taste of melted ghee in the sweet.